global devops bootcamp 2018
Check out the story from one of the global organizers, Rene van Osnabrugge and from one of his colleague, Jesse Houwing. And learn here from Michiel van Oudheusden how they generated all the VSTS backlog/work items.
From once a month to multiple times a day, GDBC2018
The global organizers learned from last year and they did an impressive and amazing job to make possible a great experience for all the locations all around the world.
- 8000 attendees
- 66 challenges
- 1050 VSTS projects
- 6000 Azure Passes
- 3000 VMs
- 75 locations
- 25+ countries
Locally in Quebec city, we had a lot of fun!
- 46 people (with 88 registrations…)
- 10 organizers/proctors
- 9 teams
- An amazing sponsor to host, feed and entertain us, iA Financial Group
- We finished 4th in the world wide race! ;)
Here are some resources to share with you to leverage:
- Our presentation in Quebec city, mainly built with the content provided globaly
- The Challenges themselves you could leverage for a training perspective
- The Web Application used through the Challenges
- The source code of the Leaderboard
To summarize, a great mix and collaboration for a real success from our global organizers and sponsors, through our local communities and MVPs to our super professional local sponsor (iA Financial Group) without forgetting the motivated participants!
Maybe next year we will have one of the member of the LoECDA?! ;)